Friday, October 26, 2012

Two Recent Creations

After a few weeks of not doing any tying, I was finally able to sit down and get some projects on the "To Do List" done.  After making a few bracelets that were promised, I started work on a custom project that was requested.  The request was for a wrist lanyard that would be meant to hold key ring items, but it had to also be sturdy. It was also requested that the lanyard have two cords for loops (instead of one), be red and black in color, and utilize a corkscrew type pattern (a twisted solomon bar).

Here is the finished product:
Once I finished this, I used the left over pieces of black and OD green paracord from a wide solomon bar bracelet I tied before starting on the above.  I gutted the four pieces and got a small stainless steel split ring, and began tying a small ringed cross.  Instead of covering the split ring with paracord, I left it as is so it would be shiny.  The small ringed cross came out to about 2 inches in overall size, and even though the split ring should've been a little large, I really liked the overall size of this ringed cross, as it can be used for several items, such as the end to a key/knife/tool fob, necklace, etc.

 
I may try to tie some more oif similar size and put a chain through the top loop for use as necklaces.

Hopefully, it won't take me as long to get more projects posted in the future, as well as some other posts in my ongoing series of EDC gear essentials and reveiews.

No comments:

Post a Comment